2013/05/11

Types of Beer

I went to the Red Robin and had lunch with my friends. Before we started to order food, a waitress asked me what I would like to drink. I wanted some beer but I am not familiar wieh beers' names. She gave me some suggestions and I chose a bottle of Corona. It tasted good. After lunch, I did research about types of beer. There are three basic types of beer- lagers, ales, and specialty beers.

Lagers are crisp and clean beers. They are less alcoholic than ales and they are fermented at a cooler temperature. Main types of lager include pilsner, American lager, Oktoberfest, Bavarian and Bock. Lagers are reported to be the best beer for thirst quenching. Examples are Molson, Canadian and Corona.

Ales are brewed with top fermenting yeast at warmer temperature and they are higher alcohol content than Lagers. Ales are good with heavy meal such as steak and ribs. Main types of ales include English bitters, Pale ale, Porter, and Stout. Examples are Molson Ex and Rickard's Red.

Specialty beers are beers made from anything you can think of, such as chocolate, apples and pumpkin. Main types of specialty beers include spice beer and Weizen. Examples are Muskoka Hefe- Weissier and Grasshopper.

Above all is the basic introduction of types of beer. I would like to try all of them while I study in Canda and try to understand the differences between them.The orther important thing is driking well not drink too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment